Over the years, the Securitisation Summit organised by Indian Securitisation Foundation and Vinod Kothari Consultants has become the most noted event of the structured finance industry in the region. Not only do we provide an excellent platform for networking and collective thinking on topical issues, we pick up points for advocacy, policy making and furtherance of interest of the industry, and then act on the same.
Indian securitisation market which has long been driven by priority sector lending now seems to be emerging with new asset classes, new investors, and of course, new motivations for both issuers and investors. It is apparent that the market is searching for new economic drivers.
Given the excellent response and feedback received in the past 7 editions of our annual Securitisation Summit, we are now delighted to plan ahead for the 2019 version which is tentatively marked on Friday, 10 May 2019 in Mumbai.
We have also announced the 3rd edition of the Indian Securitisation Awards.
Session 1: The year in retrospect
- 2019 – What a year! Was direct assignment/securitisation the existential choice in 2019?
- The NBFC liquidity (and solvency?) strain and the direct assignment window – will direct assignments provide bankruptcy-remoteness to banks
- Moving out of the PSL barrier – is the market finally searching its right economic motivator, or does it still remain PSL-dominated?
- Securitisation for small players –minimum deal sizes coming down to enable small originators
Session 2: Innovations in Asset classes and structures
- Is the market ready to lap up new, non-PSL transactions?
- Credit enhancers and first/mezzanine loss providers have come up – is the market ready to look at third party enhancements?
- Green securitisation – are the prospects looking good?
Session 3: Off balance sheet, gain-on-sale and capital relief
- With IFRS sinking in, the market seems to be comfortable with no off-balance sheet for PTCs. Is that the universal approach?
- Gain on sale booking in case of direct assignments – is it distorting the quality of reporting?
- With no off-balance-sheet, is capital relief still the same?
- The need for revamping RBI guidelines – the major areas where re-thinking is required
Session 4: Investor diversity
- Are mutual funds still the major investors in the emerging regime? Concerns and conviction for asset managers
- The entry of HNI investors – is there a sizeable interest?
- Banks as investors – moving beyond PSL assets
- The interest of insurance and employee benefit fund investors
We warmly invite you to participate in this significant event. We would appreciate if you can provide your feedback by Thursday, 15 February 2019 regarding the following aspects:
(1) Topics and speaker suggestions for this year’s program
(2) Your firm’s interest in sponsorship (Please note that speaking slots and marketing exposure will be prioritized to confirmed sponsors.)
(3) Suggestion on category of awards to be introduced in this year’s program
(4) Please save the date and let us know if you see any conflict between this date and any key industry event.
Details of our past year’s summit CLICK HERE
We look forward to hearing from you soon. Thank you!
Srijanee Mandal — email@example.com; 9674024219
Abhirup Ghosh — firstname.lastname@example.org; +91 98745 77342
Swapnill Sharma — email@example.com; 7045402315
Burhanuddin Dohadwala — firstname.lastname@example.org; 7738290552
Manoj Kumar Tiwari — email@example.com; 9820732350
|The Summit shall also witness the third edition of the Indian Securitisation Awards. The Awards will be presented by the Indian Securitisation Foundation to acknowledge the contributions of originators, arrangers, law firms and trustees who are working to take the securitisation industry to new heights. Please note that we are currently inviting nominations for the various categories of awards, if you think that your organisation can fit into any of the categories, then please feel free to send your entry within 10th May, 2019. Click here to view the brochure.|
Click here to view the details of our Past Summits.