Date: 22nd June, 2020 at 05:00 pm, India time. Will run for about 90 mins.
Effective Corporate Governance practices at banks plays a significant role in the banking sector and the economy as a whole. The banking industry in India witnessed governance failures in the past which seems to have triggered the need for the regulator to re-look at the governance guidelines for commercial banks in India.
RBI on 11th June, 2020 issued a discussion paper on the guidelines for Governance in Commercial Banks in India.
Scope of the webinar:
We intend to discuss the proposals put forth in the discussion paper in this webinar (expected duration around 90 mins) and comparing the proposed requirements with the existing ones.
- Scope and applicability;
- Overall responsibilities of the Board of Directors;
- Duties of director;
- Understanding and managing Conflict of Interest for banks;
- Structure, composition and role of Board Committees;
- Risk Governance Framework – The three lines of defence;
- Separation of ownership from Management;
- Whistle-blower mechanism.
On the internet, via Google Meet / Zoom Meeting
Please note that the webinar has a maximum capacity of 50, including the host, and entry is on first-come-first-enter basis.
Yes. Participants may post queries, either in advance or at the time of webinar. Participants may, based on feasibility, also be allowed to speak.
Kindly mail with relevant details on – firstname.lastname@example.org.