For any emerging economy, development of the housing sector has its own challenges. The biggest of these challenges is access to finance. In a developing economy like India, low income groups continue to remain particularly underserved.
With housing for this group becoming an area of particular focus for the government, there is undoubtedly a lot of scope for affordable housing finance players in years to come.
We feel there is a need to bring together all the stakeholders of the industry to deliberate on the various issues concerning the housing finance industry so that the vision of ‘housing for all’ can be realized in a sustainable manner.
Guest of Honour: Shri Gautam Chatterjee, I.A.S. Chairman, Maharashtra RERA
Keynote Speaker: Shri R.V. Verma, Former Chairman and MD of National Housing Bank
- Overview of affordable housing finance markets
- State of affordable housing in India
- Key takeaways from affordable housing finance and housing microfinance in other countries
- Role of NHB
- Government schemes and subsidies to the affordable housing segment
- Housing microfinance
- Regulatory and tax framework
- RERA: how it affects affordable housing projects, and thereby, financiers
- GST: direct and indirect impact on affordable housing finance
- Tax incentives for affordable housing and affordable housing finance
- SARFAESI, IBC and commercial courts – the new recovery regime in India
- Financing for affordable housing finance
- Equity funding
- Debt funding
- Traditional ways of funding – issuance of bonds, bank loans etc.
- Infrastructure bonds
- Foreign sources of funding
- Alternative financing solutions
- Securitisation – why is it not favoured in India by housing finance companies
- Covered bonds – what is stopping it in India?
- Partial credit guarantee structures for affordable housing finance players
- Innovative instruments worldwide that can be replicated in India
- Mortgage guarantee products
For more details click here
For Registration and sponsorship related queries, Get in touch with any of the following persons:
- Kirti Sharma | kirti@vinodkothari
.com | 033-22817715/3742, 033- 40010157
- Vallari Dubey | vallari@vinodk
othari.com | 022 2261 4021/ 022 3044 7498
For our past summits click here