CSR law in India has been adaptive to changing circumstances since its inception. What started as a ‘comply or explain’ provision, has been transformed to ‘comply or imprisonment’ to finally ‘comply or pay penalty’.
Also, CSR has recently been a subject receiving close review by regulators. MCA finally implemented the plethora of changes to the CSR provisions vide enforcement of the Companies (Amendment) Act, 2020 and release of the Companies (Corporate Social Responsibility Policy) Amendment Rules, 2021. With the recent amendments in place, the entire regime of CSR has undergone a huge change, making the understanding of CSR law and amendments thereto all the more important.
Join us for an informative webinar on ‘Recent Amendments in CSR Provisions’ by Mr. Vinod Kothari.
Topics to be covered –
- CSR Amendments in Companies (Amendment) Act, 2020;
- Companies (Corporate Social Responsibility Policy) Amendment Rules, 2021;
- Spending mandate; consequences of not spending requisite CSR amount;
- Retention of money for “ongoing projects”;
- Scope of CSR spending defined with carve-outs;
- Carry backward of CSR spending;
- Registration of implementing agencies;
- Impact assessment;
- Board responsibilities for spending;
- Enhanced disclosures.
Faculty: Mr. Vinod Kothari, Managing Partner, Vinod Kothari and Company
Date and Timing: 4th February, 2021, 5pm to 7 pm IST.
Where: Via Zoom (Link will be shared post registration)
Please note that we will be restricting the number of participants to 50 only.
Fees: INR 500 plus applicable taxes per participant.
Whether interactive: Yes. Participants may post queries, either in advance or at the time of the webinar.
For our resource corner on CSR, click here.
For other articles, click here.