Bitcoin is a peer-to-peer payment system and digital currency introduced as open source software in 2009 by pseudonymous developer Satoshi Nakamoto. It is a cryptocurrency, so-called because it uses cryptography to control the creation and transfer of money.
Our resources and publications on Bitcoins –
- Private virtual currencies out: India may soon see regulated virtual currency
- Cryptocurrency on the path to Legalisation?
- Cracking the ‘Bitcoin’ nut this Budget Session
- Legal Nature of Bitcoins: the encrypted digital currency – By Vallari Dubey
- Bitcoins India Report, 2017 – By Vallari Dubey & Team, Vinod Kothari Consultants
- Bitcoins in trouble? – By Vallari Dubey
- Bitcoins: Regulatory Silence may be costly – By Vallari Dubey
- RBI Mulling over legal issues of virtual currencies – Fin Min, by Nidhi Bothra, 12th February, 2014
- Presentation on the legal aspects of Bitcoins, by Nidhi Bothra and Shambo Dey
- Bitcoins: A Techno-Legal Perspective, by Shambo Dey