Vinod Kothari & Company was set up in 1988. Vinod Kothari has been a former chairman of the Eastern India Regional Council of the Institute of Company Secretaries of India. Vinod Kothari is also one of the editors of Ramaiya’s Company Law, a tome on company law and an unquestionable source of authority on the subject.
Areas of practice:
- NCLT proceedings in complex matters concerning oppression, mismanagement, refusal to register transfers, investigation, freeze on voting rights, etc.
- Advisory services in corporate law matters including FEMA, foreign direct investment, ECBs, takeovers, securities laws, stamp law, etc.
- Indirect taxation – queries on service tax, VAT, sales-tax, etc
- Mergers, de-mergers, corporate restructuring, schemes and arrangements.
- Company law formalities such as incorporation, shifting of registered offices, compounding of offences, etc.