Objective of the course – click here
Brief ouline of the course-
Structured Finance & Securitization
Credit Risk Transfer Devices & Credit Derivatives
Off Balance Sheet Finance & Asset Backed Finance
REITs, Securities Arbitrage Conduits, ABCP Conduits & Similar Vehicles
Hedge Funds and Alternative Investment Funds: meaning of hedge funds, hedge fund strategies, hedge fund performance measures, major investments of hedge funds, hedge fund activity in the world, Evaluation of hedge funds, Management of hedge funds, Some specific types of hedge funds, Hedge fund risks and returns, Securities arbitrage vehicles, asset backed commercial paper conduits and other conduits.
Issues in Management of Financial Intitutions
Feedback from previous batch-
- I would like to state upfront that your course is very valuable. For me it has become more useful as I am currently involved in structuring. -Hitech G
- First of all thanks a ton for such a wonderful course, it's a blessing for IIMC students to have you there. No other B school's courses cover the topics that we did and that too with a very good level of understanding. I was thinking to give you a feedback on my own a few weeks back. While we were having our induction for Credit department, I was surprised to know that no other students and also the senior most people from Credit knew the depth and width of the instruments that I did. On asking, I told them that I have been taught by you at IIMC, they were obviously impressed knowing the same- Saurabh Maloo
- I had taken the course last time, and throughly enjoyed the course. Though I am not working with the Credit Derivative desk here, I have talked to a couple of people working in that desk, and also to some of the students from other institutes- Samrat Ghosh
- I would like to tell you that your course "Topics in finance and taxation" was a very good course. Though I have not been using much of the concepts,I know my friends who have joined Indian banks and a few of them in foreign banks have been using the concepts a lot. – Mahesh Joshi
- I am a 38th batcher from IIM Calcutta, and passed out in 2003. I have had a chance to read your book on Asset Securitization and also glance through your website in some detail. Could I get an access to your course material on the subject, Topics in Finance and Taxation, the title sounds exotic enough for me to probe further. – Ashish Shah
- The major take away from the course is the exposure to the various instruments it provided. Now, I feel comfortable with the terminology and am able to reason the market better- Sandeep Muthangi
- I am Soumyajit Ray Chaudhuri and I took your course on TFT. Regarding the content, though it was very good and exhaustive- Saumyajit Raychaudhuri
- As I see it, you don't have to study for the evaluation – the evaluation itself is a value-addition exercise.
- There will be a mid-term test and an end-term test – both will be open-book.
- However, in addition to the mid-term and end-term projects, I need to evolve an evaluation method that enhances learning and allows me to do a fair evaluation. I will like to discuss this with the course participants.
- I think there will be a variety of options for this – project work with stress on practical understanding, group discussions/presentations, viva, etc.
- If all the students have access to computers, we can also have spreadsheets on securitisation-related cases.